There is a maximum number of 15 players allowed on a team’s roster. All players must sign the WLF Sport and Social Club Roster/Waiver form. It is the responsibility of all team captains to ensure players are in compliance with this policy. Teams have up until the second week of the season to make changes to their roster given they do not exceed the 15 player max limit . After the second week, rosters will be frozen. Roster changes that require additional t-shirts will be subject to availability. All roster changes must be communicated to and approved by WLF Sport and Social Club.
In order to participate in the league, each player must sign the team waiver. Waivers can be downloaded by clicking here. Captains need to print, have all players sign, and turn in the first night of play. Players not present the first week of play will still be required to sign a waiver with our staff before participating. A WLF Sport and Social Club staff member will keep your team waiver at the field, or a new one can be printed out. Players who sign up as individuals, agree to the waiver electronically when they register.
- All WLF Sport and Social Club participants must be 21 years of age or older prior to their first scheduled game.
- Players that have participated in Division 1 Collegiate or Professional sports must be a minimum of 2 years removed from participation to be eligible to play in a similar WLF Sport and Social Club sport.
- Players may only be on one roster for any given sport on a given night, regardless of if multiple divisions are offered.
- WLF Sport and Social Club reserves the right to request a photo ID from any player at any time for any reason.
- Roster checks will be performed by an WLF Sport and Social Club Gameday Coordinator at the request of the challenging team.
Only individual players may be challenged. Entire teams may not be challenged. The challenging team must provide legitimate reasons for submitting a roster check request. Challenging teams must report their intention to initiate a roster check to an WLF Sport and Social Club Official as soon as possible to ensure the preservation of playing time. Teams lose the ability to challenge a player’s eligibility after the third game.
Everyone loves a little competition, but one team dominating a league season after season can spoil the fun for everybody.
If a team retaining more than 6 players has won 3 championships in consecutive seasons for which they have been registered, the SSC will have the option to, in its discretion, request that team to form 2 or more separate teams to promote parity in the league or withdraw their registration. That team will then have the opportunity to form 2 separate teams with each subsequent roster approved by the SSC.
We are all adults, and the WLF Sport and Social Club expects all participants to act like it. Unsportsmanlike behavior may result in that player being ejected from the game. An ejection may result in further suspension from participation in current and / or future SSC sports. An ejected player(s) is required to leave the premises immediately – refusal to leave the premises may result in a team forfeit and / or increased length of suspension.
OVERLY COMPETITIVE PLAYERS:
All WLF SSC sports are intended to be recreational and FUN. Any player who is deemed to be excessively competitive and/or overly aggressive may be removed from competition as well as any further social activities at the discretion of the WLF SSC staff. Formal complaints of overly competitive players will need to be submitted in written form to the WLF SSC staff immediately following the game at which the complaint occured.
WLF SSC has ZERO tolerance policy for physical violence. If a player(s) engage in a physical argument or physical fight on the playing field all parties involved will be ejected from the league immediatly.
WLF Sport and Social Club T-shirts are your team’s uniforms. All players MUST WEAR their current WLF Sport and Social Club uniform (past season’s uniforms are not permitted) to participate and any player not wearing his/her uniform will be will be sidelined for that game. If this sidelined player will cause the team to forfeit, he/she will be allowed to play in the game provided he/she is on the original roster. Missing or swapped uniform players’ names will be taken and if they are not on your roster, a loss will be assessed for that game.
Names on uniforms, numbers, cut-off sleeves, corporate logos, etc, are permitted, as long as they do not cover any logos originally printed on the shirts.
If a team is short the minimum number of CO-ED players by game time, the game will be considered a forfeit loss unless:
- There are enough players of the forfeiting team that are able to play, and it is agreed by both team Captains (pre-game) that the game played is an official WLF SSC officiated game. No forfeit fine will be assessed and the game will count as an official game for the books.
- The opposing team Captain may choose to play the forfeited team as an exhibition game. The exhibition game will not count as a Win or Loss for either team. This too must be agreed by both team Captains pre-game.
GAME RESCHEDULING POLICY:
In the event of inclement weather or any other event that causes games to be postponed, the WLF Sport and Social Club will make every attempt to reschedule all games. In the event of multiple cancellations, the SSC reserves the option to shorten the regular season and/or the play-off schedule. Make-up games may be scheduled on days other than the regularly scheduled days of the week. Neither refunds nor pro-rated refunds will be given if the season is shortened due to inclement weather or due to actions taken by the venue.